Monday, April 4, 2011

Time To Break Out The Toolbox!! It's Marci-The-Tool-Girl-DeHaan!!!

Well, I'm glad I kept my toolbox in my car, instead of in storage, because it looks like it's gonna need it.  The van is having computer issues, which are affecting the gear shifting in the transmission.  Apparently, the engine computer and the transmission computer talk to each other, and when one is bad, the other doesn't work right.  I guess the $100 I paid to find that out was worth it, because I believe I have already changed this part before by myself.
About 4 years ago I replaced the computer on my car.  I believe it was the same one that is now having problems.  The part I had was a refurbished one, so I'm not surprised it didn't last very long.  I suppose four years isn't bad for a junkyard part.  Bad timing, but if I fix this again myself, I can save over $1,000.  So tomorrow I will be calling places here where I am staying, and try to find this part that I need again, and then I'll be breaking out my toolbox and my big-girl-panties to work on my car again.
Sometimes you just have to get your hands dirty!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Go Marci, be independent, self-reliant, an icon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Marci! Praise God you know how to fix it! <3 Miranda

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
It is my joy to write. All of my blogs have a special meaning to me, and allow me an outlet to express every side of myself. I like to write like I think, a scatterbrained mess of ideas and emotions that somehow spill out into totally relatable stories for others to share in. That is my life. Please enjoy my blogs and writings. They range anywhere from cynical posts about singleness, to nurturing, important posts to young women, to every kind of life moment and stories about being human. My favorite catch phrase is "still practicing", which is on almost all of my posts. Why? Because I am...still practicing at writing, at being a better, more well-rounded person, and at life in general. I hope to always be practicing. Happy reading! :)