Sunday, April 3, 2011

Facing Adversity And Rolling With The Punches

My trip had gone so well I was waiting for "the other shoe to drop".  Well, it has started to, with my van starting to act up, causing a delay in my travel plans, as well as the pain on one my teeth, which I think might be my very first cavity, and the constant rejection of apartments you really like because they don't have anything available for another two months.  I know in comparison, this is really nothing, but when money is already tight and time is not in endless supply, it really dampens the mood.
It's hard not to be discouraged.  I found an apartment I would die to get into, but there's nothing available until at least the middle of May.  Do I move to an area I don't like as much, but is still nice, or do I wait for the one I really want?  Hmmm.  Well, I haven't totally decided yet.  Honestly, I'm considering options for temporary housing until the apartment I really want opens up.  But I'm taking it in stride and trying not to panic.
My biggest concern is my van, which is not shifting into higher gears, and is running to high on RPM's at higher speeds, I think my engine might explode!  At least it sounds like it will. lol.  So I need to get that looked at and fixed before I can do any more real traveling.  My plan was to head to Tucson in a couple of days, but depending on what happens with the van, that will either be delayed or cancelled altogether.
Part of this is just life circumstances, but I can't help but realize that Satan has an agenda here too.  There is nothing worse than stealing the joy away from a Christian, or causing doubt where there once was none.  He did it in the beginning of time with Eve, and he's kept doing it to this day.  It's the oldest trick in the book because it works so well!  So, despite the setbacks, I'm trying to keep a positive attitude and just roll with it.  I'll let God work it all out because He's better at it than I am. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
It is my joy to write. All of my blogs have a special meaning to me, and allow me an outlet to express every side of myself. I like to write like I think, a scatterbrained mess of ideas and emotions that somehow spill out into totally relatable stories for others to share in. That is my life. Please enjoy my blogs and writings. They range anywhere from cynical posts about singleness, to nurturing, important posts to young women, to every kind of life moment and stories about being human. My favorite catch phrase is "still practicing", which is on almost all of my posts. Why? Because I am...still practicing at writing, at being a better, more well-rounded person, and at life in general. I hope to always be practicing. Happy reading! :)