Last night I had a series of dreams, or should I say, nightmares.
First one was that I was on my moving trip and we were at a campsite. There was a disturbance in a bush and this bear came out of it and mauled Sammy (my dog). I grabbed Neena (my other dog) and ran inside the car. The bear proceeded to chase us and climbed on top of the car, roaring and stomping, crushing the windshield. Someone else at the campsite heard the screams and came over with a shotgun and shot the bear dead. But Sammy died.
The next dream I had was that we were out walking a trail and came across a rattlesnake. Neena started barking at it and I couldn't get her away from it. It bit her and killed her.
Next dream I had was that we were at a campsite for the night and some creepy guy was following me around and asking me a bunch of questions. He wasn't creepy in the lonely sense. He was creepy in the serial killer sense. I got spooked and left the campsite, but he was at the exit staring me down as I left.
What is up with all of these nightmares? Obviously I did not have a clear enough head in the middle of sleeping to be able to ask myself these questions. However, I do remember praying after waking up during one of these nightmares. I remembering praying to God to keep Satan away from my dreams. It's amazing how he is present even in the seemingly innocent times in life.
I'm pretty sure I'm in for some spiritual attacks on along my journey. Loneliness, regret, insecurity and disbelief are always along for the ride. They usually hitchhike a ride right when things seem to be going well. But it's all about how you deal with these unwanted guests. I hope that when each little struggle comes along, that I deal with them in the right way, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to mess up here and there. It's the human nature of things.
So now that I'm making plans and getting ready to leave these dreams hit me and start creating fear where there was hope. But I know what this is. Whether it is a spiritual attack or just bad pizza, these dreams could have become a foothold, which can then create enough fear to ruin all hope. I'm determined not to let that happen!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Marci DeHaan
- It is my joy to write. All of my blogs have a special meaning to me, and allow me an outlet to express every side of myself. I like to write like I think, a scatterbrained mess of ideas and emotions that somehow spill out into totally relatable stories for others to share in. That is my life. Please enjoy my blogs and writings. They range anywhere from cynical posts about singleness, to nurturing, important posts to young women, to every kind of life moment and stories about being human. My favorite catch phrase is "still practicing", which is on almost all of my posts. Why? Because I am...still practicing at writing, at being a better, more well-rounded person, and at life in general. I hope to always be practicing. Happy reading! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment