I'm driving along the highway in New Mexico, probably 30 minutes from Arizona, and I'm following two semi's. All of the sudden they step on their brakes. I figured they were pulling into the weigh station and there was a back-up or something, so I start pulling into the left-hand lane. I see these headlights coming right at me! Ahhhh!
I quickly pull back into the right-hand lane, and the car (which is straddling the shoulder and the left-hand lane) drives past me for about 1/4 mile, and then proceeds to do a 3-point turn in the middle of the highway (while an approaching car has to stop and wait for them). This was OBVIOUS intoxication. I have no idea where this car managed to get on the wrong side of the highway, or how long they had been driving this way. We were probably 1/2 mile from any exit/entrance ramp. Who knows how long they had been on there.
I don't care how it happened, but it scared the crap out of me!! What am I, a magnet for drunk drivers on the wrong side of the highway?! I don't get it. I'm sure glad this time didn't end up the same way as the last, and I know the car behind me followed them and hopefully called the police. For all of you praying for my safety, your prayers were seen in action tonight as I was spared from any harm. Thank God for His protection!!
Seriously though, I could've done without the scare... :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Marci DeHaan
- It is my joy to write. All of my blogs have a special meaning to me, and allow me an outlet to express every side of myself. I like to write like I think, a scatterbrained mess of ideas and emotions that somehow spill out into totally relatable stories for others to share in. That is my life. Please enjoy my blogs and writings. They range anywhere from cynical posts about singleness, to nurturing, important posts to young women, to every kind of life moment and stories about being human. My favorite catch phrase is "still practicing", which is on almost all of my posts. Why? Because I am...still practicing at writing, at being a better, more well-rounded person, and at life in general. I hope to always be practicing. Happy reading! :)
Oh Marci....I don't know what it is with crazy drivers but it makes me so nervous for you. I pray that there will be a hedge of protection around you and you will make it to Phoenix safely. I am excited for your new adventure and am here whenever you need me!!!
ReplyDelete