I work in an estrogen-filled office, full of the daily drama that drives me crazy. But, that is work, and thankfully I am not defined by my surroundings, and outside of work, get to choose the people I spend my time with. So now that I've finally found a place to live and have moved in it's time to make some new friends. Oh, and dating of course. Yes, that is on the list too!
It's funny to me that now that I've been single for 2 months the first question family and friends ask me when I call and talk to them is, "Have you started dating yet?". Now, if you know me, then you know that my flirting skills...well, they suck. I'm not good at it. I'm too blunt of a person, and even though I feel like I'm flirting it up, I'm really not. I think I should do as they do in acting classes and put myself in front of a mirror and practice. Although I will look absolutely ridiculous, maybe I can brush up on my flirting skills. But those of you that know me also know that I would much rather be friends with a person and have it turn into something anyway.
So how does an almost-33-year-old woman, living in a new city, and an apartment by herself, go about making new friends? Well, my first idea is church. And since I was sleeping during church today, next week will be my first week going it alone. It's time to put on my big girl panties and make sure I'm ready to be outgoing when I walk into a new place. First impressions are sometimes all you get!
I'd really like to keep going to the church I've been going to to follow through their End Times series, which is really good, but I may start looking at some mid-week Bible studies, or singles groups just to get to know people and be able to have people to do things with when I'm not at work. I'm really looking forward to making new friends!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Marci DeHaan
- It is my joy to write. All of my blogs have a special meaning to me, and allow me an outlet to express every side of myself. I like to write like I think, a scatterbrained mess of ideas and emotions that somehow spill out into totally relatable stories for others to share in. That is my life. Please enjoy my blogs and writings. They range anywhere from cynical posts about singleness, to nurturing, important posts to young women, to every kind of life moment and stories about being human. My favorite catch phrase is "still practicing", which is on almost all of my posts. Why? Because I am...still practicing at writing, at being a better, more well-rounded person, and at life in general. I hope to always be practicing. Happy reading! :)
Interesting. I met Sue because I was going to the Chiropractor.
ReplyDelete