Thursday, August 18, 2011

Trudging Through The Muck

A friend and I were talking tonight, and sharing with each other the things we hope to do with our lives in the near future.  The goal is out there, but it's so easy to get caught up in the day to day of what you're doing now that you lose sight of the goal.  Before you know it, years have passed and you haven't done anything to get closer to that goal.  I wish we could just teleport to the future.  Sometimes you just feel like, "Enough already.  Let's just get to the good stuff!"  And as I shared this with my friend, she said, "Yeah, sometimes it just feels like we're just trudging through the muck."
Then we started talking about the need to be content with where we're at in life, while keeping our eyes on the goal that God has placed in our hearts.  Good food for thought.

1 comment:

  1. When I start feeling a little "bogged down" (lol) and lost, I have my little pity party and tell God how I feel. Then He reminds me to start counting the good things in my life. Changing my focus from what I don't have (yet) to what I DO have, makes me feel thankful and blessed. Sounds like that's what you did. Keep up the good work! =)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
It is my joy to write. All of my blogs have a special meaning to me, and allow me an outlet to express every side of myself. I like to write like I think, a scatterbrained mess of ideas and emotions that somehow spill out into totally relatable stories for others to share in. That is my life. Please enjoy my blogs and writings. They range anywhere from cynical posts about singleness, to nurturing, important posts to young women, to every kind of life moment and stories about being human. My favorite catch phrase is "still practicing", which is on almost all of my posts. Why? Because I am...still practicing at writing, at being a better, more well-rounded person, and at life in general. I hope to always be practicing. Happy reading! :)